Applications Support Analyst
- c£30,000 - £40,000
- Software & Digital
- Location Specifics:
- Greenford, West London
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 25-11-2021 05:13 PM
- Ref #:
Application Support Analyst – West London plus option to work from home 2 days per weekCirc £30,000 - £40,000 Application Support Analyst to join a small but growing team on permanent basis in West London. Our client has a great working environment that will appeal to those fed up with corporate culture that would prefer mixing with real world down to earth people! They’re going through a period of significant growth and as a result the IT environment is being transformed in many areas. Previous experience supporting an ERP application such as SAP, MS Dynamics AX, Oracle Netsuite, Infor, Navision, IFS, Epicor, SAGE etc or similar business application such as CRM, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain system etc is required for this post along with SQL skills, the stronger the better. . Responsibilities of the role include:
- Be the 1st point of contact for the Business Applications portfolio, gather detailed insight (e.g. log gathering, steps to reproduce) and appropriately prioritise the incident.
- Establish close relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners ensuring you know correct escalation routes and stakeholders are kept informed on progress.
- Contribute to stakeholder issue review sessions.
- Proactively target root causes to minimise the volume of incidents and help identify changes to the applications/processes to prevent ongoing problems.
- Creation and on-going updates to a knowledge base that helps to retain insights from past problems to fix future problems with brutal efficiency.
- Conduct Quality Assurance testing plans with the Product Managers, Business Analysts and Developers for new updates due into production.
- Bring insights gathered from the stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive business value and improve the performance of the existing and future applications.
- Work closely with development and Infrastructure teams to improve system performance, reliability, and usability.
Key skills and experience required:
- Minimum 2 years working as an Application Support within an ecommerce and/or manufacturing business.
- The capability to analyse data and identify trends, ideally knowledge of SQL and ability to query data for deeper investigation and trend analysis.
- Previous experience supporting an ERP Application would be beneficial
- Knowledge and prior experience working to ITIL and IT service management principles.
- Confidence in making recommendations to effectively influence change.
- Good understanding of Zendesk or similar helpdesk software.
Salary will be dependent on experience and in the likely to be in region of £33,000 - £40,000 although more maybe considered for very strong candidates