The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) came into effect on 25th May 2018. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Who controls my personal data?
Vadis processes personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide work-finding services – in doing so, Vadis acts as a Data Controller.
- The Data Controller is Vadis People Services Limited. It is Registered in the UK - Company Number 2393678
- Our business address is Centaur House, Ancells Business Park, Ancells Road, Fleet, Hampshire GU51 2UJ
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Managing Director, Adam Davis
- You can contact him at email@example.com
- You can call him on 08708 555025
- Vadis People Services Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office - Certificate Number Z5070253
What type of data will we collect and process?
- Vadis collects personal data about you to help in providing work-finding and recruitment services. The categories of personal data we collect may consist of information including (but not limited to) your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, work and education history; details of your eligibility to work; and your responses to and the results of any assessments that may be administered.
- This may include contacting you about job opportunities; assessing your suitability for those opportunities; updating our databases; and putting you forward for job opportunities.
- Arranging payments to you if applicable
- Developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
We may collect your personal data from the following sources (but not limited to these):
- You, including where you have provided us with your contact details or other information for the purposes of using our work-finding services
- Staff or other representatives of the organisation you represent
- Social media such as LinkedIn
- The public domain
- Conversations with you or others, by telephone, in person, or in meetings
- Notes following a conversation or meeting with you or others from your organisation
If you do not wish to provide us with necessary data
We may request that you provide us with certain data which is necessary for us to meet a contractual or statutory obligation. If you do not wish to provide us with such requested information then please notify us in writing/email. However, please be aware that we may be unable to provide you with work-finding services, and in some cases this may result in a breach of contract we have with you or a third party; or non-compliance with a Statutory obligation such as HMRC.
Why do we collect and process personal data?
- We collect and process personal data only insofar as it is necessary to support the work-finding and recruitment processes and to ensure we conform with legal requirements, for example ‘right to work in the UK’, EAA Conduct Regulations etc.
- By registering with Vadis; or sending us your personal data; or allowing us to access to your personal data via third parties such as Job Boards, you consent to us collecting and processing this data and disclosing this information to prospective employers, hirers and clients in connection with work-finding and recruitment services or to establish a contract.
What is the legal basis of the processing of personal data?
- Your ‘Consent’ to process personal data - The GDPR standard defines ‘Consent’ as a legal basis for processing personal data and is described as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’
- By submitting your personal data to us you Accept and Understand this as being a valid, legitimate business interest or legal basis for processing your personal data
- Necessary for the performance/establishing a contract with the Data Subject
- The vital interests of the Data Subject, such as Health and Safety requirements
- Public Interest
- To comply with a legal obligation, such as HMRC legislation
- To collate market information or trends including providing analysis to potential or actual Clients in order to support the recruitment process
- To pursue a legitimate business interest
Who will have access to the data held on our systems?
- The recipients of personal data are limited to Vadis
Do we pass data to third parties?
- We may pass your details onto prospective or intended employers, hirers or clients for the purpose of work-finding and recruitment services but only with your consent to do so.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information.
Will the data be transferred outside of the UK? If so, what safeguarding measures are in place?
- Vadis will ensure that if Data is sent outside of the EEA it will be subject to the equivalent data protection measures as laid down by the EU. Such as Adequacy Notices, Binding Corporate Rules, EU Model Clauses, the Data Subject’s consent but not limited to.
How is this data safeguarded?
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken reasonable steps to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and to prospective employers, hirers or clients.
- We may keep your data for a period of up to 5 years after our last known dealings with you, unless there is another legal requirement or legitimate business reason to keep this longer.
- For our commercial viability and to pursue these legitimate interests, we may continue to process your personal information for as long as we consider reasonably appropriate for these purposes.
- The retention of data may include details of our dealings and transactions and where applicable such records maybe used for the purposes of:
- The Act gives you the right to access information that we hold about you and can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- You have the right to ‘be forgotten’ and to ask us to no longer process your personal data for any work-finding purposes. However, we also reserve the right to retain certain personal information in order to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information, such as HMRC for a period of time as defined by law.
- Vadis will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when we are in receipt of a Data Subject’s request to do so, whichever is the earlier, providing there is no other legal or legitimate business interest to keep it.
- You may request for your name and personal data to be removed from our database at any time. This will be confirmed by Vadis within 30 days of your request unless there is another legal or legitimate business interest for us to keep it and if so this will be communicated to you.
- The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.
- establishing compliance with contractual obligations with Clients or suppliers
- addressing any query or dispute that may arise including establishing, exercising or defending any legal claims
- protecting our reputation
- protecting our Intellectual Property, and other rights
- maintaining a back-up of our system, solely for the purpose of being able to restore the system to a particular point in the event of a system failure or security breach
- determining staff training and system requirements
Vadis confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
How do we let you know if our policy changes?
- Any policy changes, either due to business reasons or future changes in legislation, will be posted on this page and if substantial, may be promoted on our website or through e-mail notification.
Accessing Your Personal Information
- If you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you or have any other privacy queries, please contact us (including full details of your request) at:
Vadis People Services Ltd
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Number 2393678. Registered in England and Wales.