Development Lead / Lead Developer (Java, Postgres) - London - circ £80,000 - £110,000
This is a rare and exciting career opportunity that will suit a Development Lead / Lead Developer (or hands on Development Manager) that enjoys working in a smaller rapid growth business where you can put your name to the work you do and see the direct benefit it brings. Our client is leading on the delivery of data driven solutions that enable pharmaceutical and life science customers drive vital decisions in healthcare. Demand for their products and digital solutions is growing at pace and they are looking for a Development Lead to build and mature all aspects of their product development, support and related processes. The role offers a platform to further develop your people, product, business and technical leadership skills so that you can truly exert your influence. The responsibilities for the role include;
- Building and mentoring a small team of software developers
- Requirement gathering – working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining core products and business systems.
- Taking the technical “hands on” lead for Java / Postgres SQL (Greenplum) code
- Developing and delivering on strategic product road map
- On a day to day basis you will:
- Develop code, SQL queries and unit tests for Enterprise Applications
- Develop data cleansing tools, fixing bugs, working on specs and conducting code reviews and testing
- Investigating and resolving incidents, interacting with internal staff where appropriate
- Deploying changes into test and production in a continuous integration environment
- Refactoring code, utilising visualisation and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement.
To be considered for the post you will require the following key skills and experience;
- Experience in owning / leading the development of software systems / products
- 5 years + Java application development using Spring MVC, Hibernate, Bootstrap
- Strengths in database design and development that should include Postgres SQL and preferably Greenplum or Amazon Redshift or similar
- End to end development experience with large scale data analytics / reporting platforms
- Agile methodologies - test driven development.
- Working experience with Distributed Systems
- Linux administration
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Version Control Software (e.g. GIT).
(any experience with ReactJS, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Cloud computing, Scala, Spark, Big Data, Data Security would be beneficial)
In return for your expertise and your ambition you can expect a salary circa £80,000 - £110,000 + benefits, however, if you have all of the technical skills and are currently earning a higher salary, our client would be keen to review your CV and discuss on a case by case basis.
For further information, please send your CV and your salary expectations to Wayne Hawthorne at Vadis People Services. Vadis operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.