Test Analyst – Nr Eastleigh / Southampton, Hants -
circ £30k to £40k
Software Test Analyst required for newly created permanent position with leading software supplier based close to Eastleigh / Southampton in Hampshire. Due to our clients continued expansion they are looking to add a Software Test Analyst to work alongside their development team to ensure they deliver the best possible products to their customers. With a wide portfolio of projects underway, the Software Test Analyst will be involved with a range of system development test requirements including functional, integration and automation. You will ensure that testing processes adhere to good practice standards and provide assurance that the quality of testing is appropriate. The core responsibility of the Software Test Analyst includes the following;
- Create and implement test plans for new and existing features.
- Perform manual and automated testing.
- Record bugs in detailed manner within Jira.
- Liaise with development team to address issues or improvements identified.
- Analyse user stories, new features and improvements as part of the planning process to identify any testing related issues.
To be considered for the post you will need to tick off most if not all of the following experience and knowledge;
- Creating appropriate test plans, test scripts, test cases etc using a risk based methodology.
- Planning and organising testing activities involving multiple systems.
- Knowledge of Jira or similar bug tracking systems.
- Experience of manual testing.
- Experience of automation testing would be beneficial as would be the ability to construct and read basic SQL code.
- Our client has a mixed development environment that includes Microsoft and Oracle technologies so experience with either helpful.
In return for your expertise you can expect a mature working environment with supported personal development! Salary package will be considered on a case by case basis but is expected to be in the region of £30,000 - £40,000 + bens.For further information, please send your CV to Wayne Hawthorne at Vadis People Services Ltd. Vadis acts in the capacity of both an Employment Agent and Employment Business.