IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer - West London (2 days work from home) - circ £40,000 - £50,000
An iconic British manufacturing company going through a period of phenomenal growth has created a new position for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the team. The position is predominantly a 3rd line post with some occasional 2nd line task supporting IT Infrastructure, Systems and Services. This is a wide-reaching role that will appeal to those who enjoy working across all areas of a multi-site networked environment with the opportunity to take the lead on BAU and Infrastructure projects.
The role of the IT Infrastructure Engineer stretches across Servers, Networking, Virtualisation, Storage, Cloud, Security etc. It will require someone with a breadth of experience in an environment where daily variety, changing priorities and the ability to juggle are the norm. Someone that enjoys rolling up their sleeves and having a go at tackling anything that may come their way.
Core duties of the post include;
- Day-to-day administration, maintenance, monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting multi-site, on-premises, cloud, and SaaS IT infrastructure including Networking, Windows Servers and AD, Virtualisation, M365, Equipment, Security, Backups, AWS/Azure servers, End User Computing devices/software, multi-site Business devices, apps, and data flows, Automation.
- Maintain the LAN, WAN infrastructure, WiFi setup and performance, VPN & firewalls ensuring that secure, stable connectivity is provided, working closely with 3rd party providers where required.
- Provide 3rd line support to the IT Service Desk to resolve incidents and respond to requests, for core infrastructure systems and end user devices and software, along with ad-hoc 2nd line help desk duties.
To be considered for this role we would expect you to either have hands on experience with the technologies / concepts in a similar environment or have the aptitude and enthusiasm to learn much of the following;
- Virtualisation - VMware, Storage, SAN, NAS, Veeam – managing storage, VMware hosts and virtual machines, Veeam backups and replication.
- Windows Server 2012-2019, AD, DCs, GPO.
- Administration of M365 and Azure AD, SSO, Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams.
- LAN, WAN, Wireless, DNS, DHCP.
- Firewalls – Ability to set up and configure (WatchGuard /FortiGate or similar)
- Switches – Ability to set up and configure (switches HP/Aruba/Cisco or any other similar products)
- Routing – HPE or any others such as Cisco, Juniper
- Access Points – Cisco, Meraki
- Anti Virus, firewalls, EUC, data and Cloud security
- Experience in AWS/Azure administration, deployment, and migrations, beyond managing server instances, is not essential but would be an advantage.
- Equipment- Cabinets & cabling, switches, firewalls, network/other/3rd party devices, Servers, storage, UPS, desktops/laptops/printers/mobile/AV/telephony - installation & maintenance.
- Desktop and End User Computing devices/software – deploying and managing.
- Business/Manufacturing systems including devices, SQL Servers, 3rd party systems, data flows - ad-hoc installations and troubleshooting.
Salary will be based on experience and expected to be in the region of £40,000 – £50,000 although we would consider applications from those pushing the salary higher.