Solution Architect (API)
- circ £70,000 - £85,000
- Software & Digital
- South East
- Location Specifics:
- Windsor + Remote Work from Home
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 25-11-2021 05:15 PM
- Ref #:
Solution Architect - Flexible UK Work From HomeCirca £70,000 - £85,000 Solution Architect (API) required for newly created post with ambitious company based in Windsor, Berkshire. Our client is a young, well backed, rapidly growing business that still has that “start up” feel. Set up 5 years ago they have quickly established themselves a key player in their field. As they look to build upon that success the Solution Architect will design and create digital interfaces between various internal cross functional team and external business partners. The client offers a very flexible work from home option and don’t mind where you’re based. There’s no set expectation as to how often you’ll need to visit the Windsor office but it’s likely to be once or twice a month (although you’re welcome more often if you prefer being in an office environment). There’s also an office in Newcastle that the postholder could work from if preferred. As a member of a small and dynamic IT team, the Solution Architect (API) will work closely with a Senior Solution Architect, IT Director, Solution Design team and outside integration partners to analyse and administer existing digital interfaces, understand business requirements, and design new Applications, Interfaces and APIs that deliver upon those business requirements.Some of the core responsibilities of the Solution Architect include;
- Lead the Enterprise strategy capable of decouple systems and focus on building Microservices based API Architecture.
- Participate in digital strategy decisions and provide digital business model consulting within IT teams.
- Help technology teams think through data, technology, and architecture trade-offs
- Partner with business and technology subject experts to evolve Applications and APIs for rapidly changing systems of engagement.
- Direct and lead enterprise efforts to build Enterprise Applications to both on premise and off premise.
- Collaborate with other Solution Architects to ensure architecture consistency across functional areas.
- Lead, drive, and align the definition of architecture standards that are aligned with business goals, IT strategy and enterprise architecture visions.
- Validate API management tools
- Define process around how API strategy is implemented by the business
- Documentation of architecture design and approach
To be considered for the post, we would expect you to meet most if not all the following profile and background requirements;
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps, including business capability planning.
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex solutions.
- Experience leading efforts to create technology solutions and architectures impacting critical functional areas of the business.
- Experience in enterprise architecture or application architecture, application development and/or systems management.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems while confronted with ambiguity.
- Experience with technologies like, Gateways, Swagger Specs,
- Experience creating “easy to consume APIs” and design hybrid application solutions.
- Comfortable getting hands dirty when needed
- Has a continuous learning mind-set
- Strong understanding of software, hardware, architecture frameworks, and corporate technology and trends (e.g., SOA, IOT, ETL, cloud architectures).
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and independently
In return, our client is expecting to offer a salary circa £70,000 - £85,000 plus benefits although we would welcome applications from candidates that maybe looking for slightly higher.