Service Delivery Manager
- circ £45,000 - £55,000
- Management & Leadership
- Location Specifics:
- Central London and Remote Working
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 20-01-2021 11:50 AM
- Ref #:
Service Delivery Manager
Central London and Remote Working
Circ £45,000 - £55,000 + Bens
Our client, a young rapid growth entrepreneurial business, is looking to recruit a Service Delivery Manager to be based at their Central London HQ. Staff are currently working remotely fulltime and when things start getting back to normal, it’s likely you would be onsite once or twice a week. The Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for delivering existing and developing new services around Cloud based IT, telephony services and applications such as MS Office 365. The role requires the SDM to have strong commercial acumen so experience working for Service Providers, MSP’s, ISP’s, Telco’s or similar would be beneficial but not essential.
The main duties & responsibilities for the post include amongst others;
- To act as the principal point of contact for Service Delivery, assuming responsibility for the timely submission of progress reports and other contractual documentation.
- Use regular service review and other meetings to review customers' current business issues and demands. Analyse the implications for service requirements, identifying opportunities for improvement, or cross-selling.
- Pro-actively seek to add value through the development of services in addition to existing services through the regular analysis of customer satisfaction and performance data.
- Measure and monitor service performance, including SLA measures, ensuring service reports are produced and delivered on the timescales agreed with the customer. Monitor all key performance indicators, including customer satisfaction and perceptions of service, and take action to prevent and address under-performance. Present service performance information through regular service reviews. Agree priorities and actions to be taken.
- Develop strong internal networks with, and be an effective virtual team-member of, key internal departments.
- Take a proactive role in the bid management process to develop an understanding of the customer's business issues and service level expectations. Work cohesively with Account Management (General Manager / their assistants) as part of the bid management process.
- As part of a new service start-up, negotiate deliverable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that, where appropriate, take into account specific customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with third party maintainers, service providers and other third-party business units where applicable.
To be considered for the post you would be expected to most if not all the following skills & experience;
- Experience working in a Service Provider, ISP/MSP or Telco or in similar roles that balance customer and commercial requirements.
- A solid technical understanding of Desktop and Network Infrastructure i.e. WAN, LAN, Cloud (AWS, Azure, PBX) and Office 365
- Experience working directly with customers and supporting Sales / Account Management teams through the bid process
- Previous responsibility for all aspects of service delivery, ensuring procedures and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Previous experience of improving the quality of an existing service by tracking service metrics and other KPIs
- Experience of implementing a new service - Service transition, i.e. converging multiple services and accepting new services
- Ability to manage and prioritise business priorities.
- Production/development of Customer Services and Documentation
- Co-ordination of Major incidents and resolution
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of ITIL v4 - certification is preferred but not essential