Head of IT Service Management / Change Management– London – circ £55,000 - £65,000
An exciting opportunity has become available with our London based client for someone with a strong background in IT Service Management / Change Management. The successful postholder will take ownership of ITIL driven processes and controls primarily in Change and Problem Management to ensure that service and service level monitoring is fully aligned to support their SLA’s to customers. This role has been newly created to help our client take their IT Service Management environment to the next level by building upon and improving existing processes and controls particularly by automating change and other process workflow where possible.
Key Responsibilities will include –
- To own, develop and ensure application of the Change Management process so that the chance of negative impact from service change to applications and infrastructure
- To own, develop and ensure application of the Major Incident Management process so that root cause analysis is completed following major incidents and problems and remedial actions followed through
- To lead Service Delivery Team response in the handling of escalated customer problems such that issues are seen by the external customer to be handled promptly, professionally and effectively
- To chair Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
- To promote service management best practices consistent with the ITIL approach
To be considered for this post it is expected candidates will have skills and experience in most if not all the following -
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT Service Management roles.
- Experience chairing / leading Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings in an organisation running a formal ITIL driven Change Management process.
- Accounting for process activity, effectiveness and improvement through metrics.
- ITIL process formulation, documentation and training.
- Managing major service incidents and reviewing/authoring incident reviews.
- Conducting root cause analysis and lessons learnt exercises.
- Experience of automating Change and other process workflow.
- Knowledge of systems such as Salesforce, ServiceCloud or similar, Jira, O365.
- Infrastructure, service and SLA monitoring tools.
- ITIL Service Management certification (ideally to practitioner / specialist level)
- Previous experience working in B2B/B2C/SaaS environment would be ideal
Personal attributes required for this post -
- Enthusiastic, able to promote the practices we want others to follow
- Assertive, able to give constructive feedback where processes not followed
- Problem solver, able to identify root causes and appropriate remedies
- Communicator, able to produce high quality documents and presentations
- Organised, able to keep well organised records to act as evidence at audit
Our client will reward the postholder with a salary in the region of £55,000 – £65,000 depending on experience, plus an attractive benefits package. For further information, please send your CV to Wayne Hawthorne at Vadis People Services. Vadis acts in the capacity of both an Employment Agent and Employment Business.