- £60000 - £65000 per annum
- Network Infrastructure & Support
- South East
- Location Specifics:
- City Of London
- Job Type:
- Post Date:
- 20-11-2019 03:14 PM
- Ref #:
CLOUD ENGINEER ( AWS / AZURE ) – City of London£60k - £65k plus bonus plus benefitsCloud Engineer ( AWS / AZURE
), is required by our City based client, on a permanent basis. The primary focus of the role will be the support of new and existing technologies deployed in the AWS Cloud.
Initially the Cloud Engineer will work alongside a 3rd party in the provision of ongoing support and improvement of the Cloud infrastructure. Moving forwards this role will also encompass the design and introduction of new Cloud infrastructure services and will act as a subject matter expert for connectivity and security aspects in relation to public and private cloud-based hosting solutions, as well as the evaluation of new AWS features to improve existing architecture.
This role requires significant, proven experience working with Cloud technologies, including the following :
- Hands on AWS Skills covering VPC, Security Group, Networking, etc.
- Experience in working within an Agile, DevOps and Cloud environment, with a focus on security, availability, reliability and automation
- Knowledge of the fundamentals: Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, Private), Windows, Linux, Security and Networking
- Proficiency in scripting languages Cloud Formation, Power Shell, UNIX Shell, Bash, Java, Node.JS or similar
- Excellent communication, organisation, presentation & analytical skills with solid business acumen.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussions and best practice concepts around cloud technologies
- Hands on experience delivering and supporting business critical IT infrastructure
- AWS design experience
Ideally we would like AWS experience, however we will not discount strong Cloud experience in other areas.
Please send a CV stating salary expectations to Sue Knight.